Long time I was searching for the good old Thumbshifter to simplify the bike as much as possible. Those Thumbies were long time difficult to get, on ebay they reach very high prices for nearly 20year old stuff and those solutions made with Adapters and Bar-end shifters are also very pricey. Radspannerei a cycle shop in Berlin found them on a cycle fair and put them in stock. A pair of 3X9 indexed Thumb shifters I call mine now, not very cheap stuff too (around 60Euro/ pair), but they look and work great. I really love that stuff…
Posts Tagged ‘miscellaneous
During my long term stays in South Asia it is impossible to escape to the local music, without doubt unfamiliar to westernized ears. But slowy I achieve the ground level state where my ears and mind accept Hindi and Nepali songs as some kind as rythm and music and no more as a senseless noise. Here are some favourites….
- The song ´Resham Phiriri´is THE Nepali Folksong. Heard and played everywhere, nearly everybody know how to play and sing that song. Played to the sound of the Sarangi.
- The titlesong of the 1976 Bollywood movie Khabi Khabi starring all time idol Amitabh Bachchan aka Big B.
- A big song in Nepal, recently. About the usual conflict between woman and men.
- Another old is gold song from the 1985 movie Ram Teri Ganga Maili. The typical story about boy and girl and their unlucky relationship.
- Last but not least here is a Nepali movie I really like! Kagbeni released in 2008. A movie about friendship, love and mystic. Here is part1 of 14, the other parts can be found on youtube too
Those who spend some time on the roads close to any important border in India, will get familiar with the famous signs of the Border Road Organisation. These idiom always amused me and after a while I collected quite a few of them and from time to time I´ll publish some of them here.
Here comes the first batch:
to be continued…